UC IRVINE FALL 2023
Transfer Admission Guarantee Tips
When to write a TAG:
- UCI will accept TAGs September 1 - 30.
- Students must also submit the UC admissions application by November 30.
TAG Not Available for the Following Majors: Art, Business Administration, Dance, Music, Nursing Science, and all majors in the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
- Completed 30 semester or 45 quarter UC-transferable units (including AP/IB/A-level) prior to TAG submission
- Earned a minimum GPA of 3.4 in all UC-transferable coursework by the end of summer 2022 for fall 2023 admission and will maintain GPA of 3.4 in all UC-transferable coursework for all subsequent terms
- Completed one UC-transferable math course with a grade of C or better by the end of the summer 2022 term
- Completed one UC-transferable English course with a grade of C or better by the end of the summer 2022 term
- Complete second UC-transferable English course with a grade of C or better by the end of spring 2023
- Complete 60 UC-transferable semester units or 90 UC-transferable quarter units by the end of spring 2023 for fall 2023 admission
- Complete all major coursework for chosen major including course prerequisites and maintain minimum course GPA through the end of spring 2023 for fall 2023 admission
- See Transfer Preparation by school
- Check articulated courses at www.assist.org
- Are in good standing for all colleges attended, and satisfy all UC transfer eligibility requirements
- Complete the last 30 semester or 45 quarter units at a California community college by the end of the spring 2023 term
- Transfer Academic Update must be submitted by January 31, 2023.
TAG's NOT available for:
- Students who are not in good standing at their community college (or last college attended)
- Students who previously attended UCI (not including summer session)
- Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree
- Notice of changes in progress and planned coursework must be in writing and include the student’s complete schedule (not just courses added and dropped)
- PE Activity (KAD) courses - 4 units will transfer and the grades for the best 4 units can be used. Most KAD courses are considered PE Activity courses.
- Some ATHL courses are also considered PE Activity courses and are subject to the same limits; others are considered Theory and subject to higher limits. There are no limitations on the number of units for DANCE courses
- Transferable courses from all colleges attended must be used to determine the UC transfer GPA