In addition to the public universities, California is home to a higher education segment that is not funded by the government, rather by student tuition and private donations. These are the independent colleges and universities of California, many of whom belong to the Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU). Independent schools vary widely in size and mission. You can use the following links to find out more about the independent segment of California higher education and how to prepare for transfer to one of these institutions.
- Guide for Transfer to a California Independent College
- Explore Independent Colleges within California
- SRJC Articulation with California Independent Colleges
- CA Independents that Accept CSUGE/IGETC (Scroll to pg. 3)
- CA Independents that Accept Associate Degree for Transfer
- Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU)