UC Riverside TAG Requirements



When to write a TAG:
  • UCI will accept TAGs September 1 - 30.
  • Students must also submit the UC admissions application by November 30.

TAG Not Available for the Following Major: Art Studio

Eligibility Criteria:
  • 30 transferable units completed (and grades posted) at time of writing TAG (30 unit minimum can include AP and IB credit)
  • 60 transferable units completed by the end of spring 2024
  • Earn the minimum required GPA for your intended major by the end of fall 2023:
    • 2.8 for College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CHASS)
      • 3.3 plus major preparation for Psychology
      • 3.3 for Theater, Film, and Digital Production
    • 2.7 for Graduate School of Education (GSOE)
    • 2.7 for School of Public Policy
    • 3.0 plus major preparation for Bourns College of Engineering (BCOE)
      • 3.1 plus major preparation for Mechanical Engineering
      • 3.3 plus major preparation for Computer Engineering
      • 3.3 plus major preparation for Computer Science w/ Business Applications
      • 3.6 plus major preparation Computer Science
    • 2.8 plus major preparation for College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (CNAS)
    • 2.8 plus major preparation for School of Business (SB)
  • Maintain the required GPA for your specific major before transfer
  • First English composition course must be completed by end of fall 2023. The second English composition must be completed by spring 2024.
  • Students applying to a selective major (all majors in BCOE, CNAS, and SB; economics, business economics, psychology, and neuroscience majors in CHASS) must have minimum mathematics for major complete by end of fall 2023.
  • Non-selective majors must complete a minimum of one UC-transferable math by end of fall 2023.
  • Selective majors (all majors in BCOE, CNAS, and SB; economics, business economics, psychology, and neuroscience majors in CHASS) that require major preparation: lower-division major preparation must be completed. To check these requirements, visit the UC Riverside Majors Preparation Guide and www.assist.org.
TAGs NOT available for:
  • Students who are not in good standing at their community college (or last college attended).
  • Former UC students who left the UC not in good academic standing.
  • Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree.
  • Students who have 80 or more UC-transferable units because they have already attended a UC and left, or have acquired upper division units from a four year university. If you have only attended a California Community College, this policy does not pertain to you.


  • PE Activity (KAD) courses - 4 units will transfer and the grades for the best 4 units can be used. Most KAD courses are considered PE Activity courses.
    • Some ATHL courses are also considered PE Activity courses and are subject to the same limits; others are considered Theory and subject to higher limits. There are no limitations on the number of units for DANCE courses
  • Transferable courses from all colleges attended must be used to determine the UC transfer GPA