Have you used www.assist.org to find what classes you need for a UC or CSU campus?
ASSIST is a great resource that allows the user to see what major preparation courses should be completed at a community college prior to transfer, but the site has been going through a make-over the last few years! It finally has a new look, but you need to pay close attention to the information as you use it over the next few months.
Follow these directions to make sure you are getting the correct information:
- Academic Year: defaults to 2019-2020
- Institution: type in Santa Rosa junior College
- Agreements with Other Institutions: type in the CSU or UC Campus you desire
- Click View Agreements and it should default to “View Agreement by Major”
- Type in the major you are considering and click View Agreement
- If you follow steps 1-4 and instead of “View Agreement by Major” you see “View Agreement by Department” you need to change the Academic Year to 2016-2017
If you have to change the academic year it is because the agreements by major have not yet been inputted in ASSIST for that campus, so keep checking back. In the meantime, you can follow the 2016-17 agreement, but should also check the department’s website for any changes to requirements and speak with a counselor to clarify any differences.
Start with the selections according to the example below.
If you see this, you are looking at the correct information.
If you see this, you need to change the Adacemic Year to 2016-17.