UC Santa Barbara Fall 2023
Transfer Admission Guarantee Tips
When to write a TAG:
- UC Santa Barbara will accept TAGs September 1 - 30.
- Students must also submit the UC admissions application by November 30.
TAG Not Available for the Following Majors: All majors in the College of Creative Studies and College of Engineering; Dance B.A., Dance B.F.A., Music B.M., Theater B.F.A. in the College of Letters & Science.
- Enrollment at a California Community College.
- Complete at least 30 UC-transferable semester units prior to TAG submission.
- Complete the last 30 UC-transferable semester units in residence at a California community college.
- Complete one required English composition course and mathematics (one course) with C grades or better by end of fall 2022.
- Complete a second required English composition course by the end of spring 2023.
- Complete at least 60 UC-transferable semester units by the end of spring 2023 for fall admission, with no more than 18 units in spring 2023 to reach this unit requirement.
- Complete four courses selected from among at least two of the following three areas with grades of C or better by the end of spring 2023:
- Arts & Humanities
- Behavioral & Social Sciences
- Biological & Physical Sciences
- Meet the following GPA Requirements:
- Overall 3.40 minimum GPA in all UC transferable coursework by the end of fall 2022 and maintain an overall 3.40 GPA through the end of spring 2023.
- Earn a minimum 2.0 GPA in all UC transferable coursework in fall 2022 and earn a minimum 2.0 GPA in all UC-transferable coursework in spring 2023.
For the College of Letters and Science TAG, the following majors require completion of specific major preparation coursework:
- Biological Sciences Major TAG Requirements
- Economics Majors TAG Requirements
- Mathematics Majors TAG Requirements
- Physics TAG Requirements
Pre-Majors Some UCSB majors require students to complete remaining major preparation courses with a minimum GPA after transfer in order to advance to full major status. For majors with these pre- major requirements, TAG applies to admission to the pre-major. Meeting TAG requirements does not guarantee that a student will fulfill the pre-major requirements after transfer. Major preparation articulation agreements include detailed information about the pre-major. Students may contact UCSB academic department advisors to discuss their plans to transfer and get more information about the pre-major. To check these requirements, visit www.assist.org
TAGs NOT available for:
- Students who are not in good standing at their community college (or last college attended).
- Former UC students who left the UC not in good academic standing.
- Students who have 90 or more UC-transferable units because they have already attended a UC and left, or have acquired upper division units from a four year university. If you have only attended a California Community College, this policy does not pertain to you.
- A Student with a TAG must submit an application for admission during the priority application period.
- PE Activity (KAD) courses - 4 units will transfer and the grades for the best 4 units can be used. Most KAD courses are considered PE Activity courses.
- Some ATHL courses are also considered PE Activity courses and are subject to the same limits; others are considered Theory and subject to higher limits. There are no limitations on the number of units for DANCE courses
- Transferable courses from all colleges attended must be used to determine the UC transfer GPA