UC Santa Cruz Fall 2023
TRANSFER ADMISSION GUARANTEE TIPS
When to write a TAG:
- UCSC will accept TAGs September 1-30.
- Students must also submit the UC admissions application by November 30.
TAG Not Available for the Following Majors: Computer Science B.A. and B.S.
- Complete a minimum of 30 UC-transferable semester units at the time of TAG application
- Be enrolled at a participating California community college. The last school you attend prior to transferring must be a California community college.
- By the end of fall 2022, you must:
- Have at least a 3.00 GPA
- Complete the first course for English composition
- Complete the mathematics course requirement
- By the end of spring 2023, you must:
- Complete a minimum of 30 UC-transferable semester units from one or more California community colleges
- Complete the 7 GE courses required for UC admission eligibility (2 English, 1 math, and 4 additional GE courses)
- Complete the minimum 60 UC-transferable semester units for admission as a junior transfer
- Be in good academic standing
- Earn no grades lower than C in UC-transferable coursework the year prior to transfer
- Non-native speakers of English must demonstrate proficiency in English. You can learn more at UCSC’s English Proficiency Requirement page
- TAG is based on the above criteria only, including major preparation. Choice of major is not guaranteed through TAG unless the major is listed on the Screening Major Selection Criteria page. Completion of major preparation coursework and satisfaction of any major selection criteria are extremely important.
TAG's NOT available for:
- Former UC students who are not in good standing at the UC campus they attended (less than 2.0 GPA at UC)
- Former UCSC students, who must apply for readmission to the campus
- Students in senior standing:90 semester (135 quarter) units of combined lower- and upper-division coursework. If you only attended a California community college, you will not be considered in senior standing.
- Students who have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Students who are currently enrolled at a high school
- AgroEcology TAG Requirements
- Art and Design: Games & Playable Media TAG Requirements
- Biological Sciences
- Chemistry TAG Requirements
- Cognitive Science TAG Requirements
- Economics TAG Requirements
- Engineering Majors
- Applied Mathematics TAG Requirements
- Biomolecular Engineering and Bioinformatics TAG Requirements
- Computer Engineering TAG Requirements
- Computer Science and Game Design TAG Requirements
- Electrical Engineering TAG Requirements
- Network and Digital Technology TAG Requirements
- Robotics TAG Requirements
- Technology and Information Management TAG Requirements
- Environmental Studies/Science
- Global and Community Health, B.S. TAG Requirements
- Mathematics TAG Requirements
- Physics TAG Requirements
- Psychology TAG Requirements
- Science Education TAG Requirements
- Sociology TAG Requirements
- PE Activity (KAD) courses - 4 units will transfer and the grades for the best 4 units can be used. Most KAD courses are considered PE Activity courses.
- Some ATHL courses are also considered PE Activity courses and are subject to the same limits; others are considered Theory and subject to higher limits. There are no limitations on the number of units for DANCE courses
- Transferable courses from all colleges attended must be used to determine the UC transfer GPA